Saturday, June 27, 2009

Steady Flames


There was a time when I felt like I had been under water my whole life, and then I finally got out and took my first clean breathe. Now I feel like as I go along everything becomes smaller. There are differences between growing up, growing old and growing out. I want to find the sincerity and meaning in people again. I'm trying to keep my faith alive in the belief that there are pieces in every person that are true and authentic. We get lost but we need to keep those reminders within us.

Yesterday I was in the market with a friend playing some music and shooting some promo photos for an upcoming gig. When we were sitting down a man comes by on a bike, looking a little homeless and drunk. He began to talk to us and just then, I realize that I know this man. He was a very good friend of my fathers and didn't even recognize me. I remember him trying to to teach me chest up north a few years back. I finally mentioned my father and he lit up. He tried to remember me, but he couldn't. It was so sad, he was very wise. After awhile he goes to leave the park benches. Then looks at us and walks back. "And if you find yourself a boy, make sure he is nice. Life is too short."

Wouldn't it be lovely to make some memories
Not just fragments?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
SENTIMENTAL/AMATEUR/FILM ONLY. I am interested in exploring the line between adolescent curiosity and juvenility. badvalleys@hotmail.ca for any qeustions. yeye

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Fan klub