Thursday, April 9, 2009

5 favourite songs from late artists


Jimi Hendrix. Red House - I can still remember the echos of this song all through out the house I used to stay in with my father. He would play it constantly. Major Deja View

Nirvana. Where did you sleep Last night - This song has been covered a few times, but I dont think it will ever be quite the same after Nirvana preformed it on Thier "Unplugged" set. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xHl-P_arVA
It still gives me chills.

The Ramones. The KKK took my baby away - With all three of the real original members dead at relatively young ages (Joeey, cancer. Johnny, heart problems. Bee Dee, Heroin overdose) they still leave this legacy that was not recognized soon enough. Inspiring a whole new era of music and young talent. This song was apparently written by Joeey after Johnny stole his girlfriend. Theres a lot of surprising stories behind this band. I recommend, "Ramones: End Of A Century" doc.

Elliot Smith. Baby Britain - I don't know much about him. But this song always relaxes me

Jeff Buckley - Grace. I just started listening to Jeff, and I feel born again. This is quite possible the best song I have ever heard. His vocals just shred and tear through your whole being. Its absolutely incredible, moving and musical. And with that, his music is not self indulgent, even though he makes the choice to go up and down scales at some times. He always came from a real place. Not to mention he was undeniably handsome.

AN HONORABLE MENTION, The Doors. Light My Fire - Classic. I wish they still had key board solos like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
SENTIMENTAL/AMATEUR/FILM ONLY. I am interested in exploring the line between adolescent curiosity and juvenility. badvalleys@hotmail.ca for any qeustions. yeye

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Fan klub